Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MM217 and JB16:21 Vintage Pink Christmas


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Cassidy has off school today, so this will be short & sweet!  Not sure what we've got planned...maybe make some pretzels!  And play outside, take advantage of this nice October weather!  Anyway, I managed to squeak in some stamping time last night, making a Christmas card for vintage-themed challenge at Merry Monday, as well as the "Pink" Christmas challenge at the Jingle Belles, in memory of Leslie Hanna (you need to read the post!!).  

So here we go!


Now, I know it seems incongruous to see Santa entwined with pink roses, but these papers from KaiserCraft's Silver Bells line, feature just that!  The smaller image is pre-printed with Santa and the vintage background, I just added the sentiment from an Artistic Outpost set (Snowy Winter) in Tip-Top Taupe.  If you look closely, you can see a rose in the upper left-hand corner, under my small shabby bow:

and see how nicely it coordinated with the roses on the printed paper:


Behind the Santa, I added a mat of Tip-Top Taupe, and I cut the edges with my deckle-edged scissors!!!  Can you believe it?  Who still has them?  I do, but I don't use them too often, but I thought they would work great here!  A little shading, some burlap trim and my card was finished!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy spent over an hour yesterday, making a bed for one of her dolls, dressing her and tucking her into bed:



I am so glad she still has an imagination and likes to play with dolls!  Have a blessed day!




20 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh, how lovely. Card is gorgeous

Wendy said...

So pretty, LeAnne! Love this Santa with the pink flowers and embellishments! Love the vintage feel to this and those wonderful papers! Well done! :)

I Card Everyone said...

WOW is this pretty!!! [While you're here [he hee] you'll have to show me this shabby ribbon technique! Mine NEVER look this good!] I LOve these papers, LeAnne, and you've used them so beautifully! I don't have the deckled scissors ... but do have that ruler that rips the edge in a deckled fashion ... NEVER used! xx
=]

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous design and image!! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

You are on a roll with these wonderful vintage cards! Love them....this is gorgeous!

KimCreate said...

Leanne, this card is gorgeous! I always love Pink Christmas cards. You have nailed the vintage theme perfectly.

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly lovely card! i love that glorious vintage santa image and all of the papers and embellies you've selected totally set it off! thanks for rockin' PINK CHRISTMAS with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

(ps: Miss Cassidy ALWAYS steals the show, o'course, tho... she's such a cutie!!! :)

Bonnie said...

LeAnne, you do vintage beautifully! (My image was one you sent me.) I always think of you when I see vintage! I love this Santa with the soft colors! It's always nice to see you at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

Oh, and isn't Cassidy the best momma? Hope that will continue into adulthood!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I think Santa looks simply divine surrounded in pink!! This is beautiful LeAnne, what's not to love here!! I love Cassidy's imagination too. I see little bits of it starting with Penelope and it's adorable!!

SmilynStef said...

perfect font for that vintage image ... he looks absolutely lovely with all of that pink ... so glad you joined us for our battle against breast cancer at jingle belles.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I saw this challenge and immediately thought of you - I knew you would create something fabulous! Love the bow and the pink roses with your Santa - so pretty!

Colleen said...

LeAnne, this is stunning! You have such a knack and layering those gorgeous vintage papers and making something truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing this at Merry Monday!

Fabiola said...

Magnifique, très joliment décoré, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous LeAnne! The pink is just terrific and that bow...swoon!

Windy Ellard said...

Love everything about your card LeAnne! The colors, the santa, the roses!!! Beautiful..thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, you are the master of vintage cards! This is GORGEOUS! Love that Santa and all the pink! XX

Lorraine said...

I just love everything about this card. The colors, the images, the bow - boy, did you rock this one!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Soft and pink - SWOON!!! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Sarah said...

Hi LeAnne, I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I liked your card. I'm a HUGE fan of 'old world' Santa's, that you have pink paired with this one is just a bonus for me!