Tuesday, October 25, 2016

TSOT


Hi peeps!  It's time for another Try Stampin On Tuesday sketch challenge; again, this month we are focusing on Christmas; the optional technique is paper piercing!  So here's the sketch:


And here is my take on it!  I chose not to do the paper piercing, but I did choose colors that I don't normally use for Christmas!  This is Delightful Dijon, Crumb Cake and gold:


I started by embossing the cardbase with the Woodgrain embossing folder, then added panels from Kaisercraft's Home for Christmas line....the burlap-looking piece is actually paper!  I added some gold glimmer and brushed gold trim, some gold twine, and I heat-embossed a Papertrey sentiment (O Holy Night) in gold embossing powder.


And I stamped the inside with the another sentiment from the same set in Gold Encore ink....so sad when SU discontinued that!


So I hope that you'll play along with our sketch....you can submit your creation on our blog, or why not try out our Facebook page!  Can't wait to see what you create!

My sweet friend Renita sent Cassidy a BIG box full of Halloween goodies!  First, she had to read the card:



She could read almost all the words herself!  I'll share more of the goodies later!




4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous design LeAnne! Really love those papers and great take on the sketch! :)

Wendy said...

This card is gorgeous, LeAnne! It's so simple but yet oh SO pretty! Love the colors and the pops of gold but most of all the sayings are just perfect! Love, love, love! Cassidy is getting so big! She really enjoys getting mail doesn't she?! She's so cute! TFS and hope your having a great day! :)

Linda said...

Hi love all the posts. Patty had to go in to work so I have to little time to pack and check in to the computer. I showed her you post with our pictures. We loved it. Night scapes was amazing even in the rain. If was wondering meeting you and I hope we will see each other again.Big Hug Linda

Lisa Elton said...

They aren't colors you would normally think of for a Christmas card, but boy oh boy do they ever WORK!! This is so pretty Leanne. Wonderful layers, beautifully done!!