Friday, June 9, 2017

FMS291 in Tranquil Tide


Happy Friday, peeps! The weekend is upon us and hopefully warmer temps!  Yippee!  I have a really easy-peasy CAS card for you today since this week has proven to be really busy and it's all I can squeeze in!  Here's the FMS sketch I used:

I am still waiting for the bulk of my first new catalog order to arrive, so the only DSP I really have to play with is Wood Textures, so I used the "beachy" white piece to create my card, along with the Adirondack chair diecut from Seasonal Layers, cut from Tranquil Tide cardstock:



I stamped a sentiment from Colorful Seasons (I'm making lots of samples with this one!) and added a few little speckles with Timeless Textures and some Soft Sky ink.  Oh, and I added a little Soft Sky drink too!



Something I am thrilled about is that SU brought back Adhesive Sheets.  They turn any diecut into a sticker!  Just add a little piece on the back of your cardstock, run your die through and peel away the backing and you don't have to worry about trying to glue wee little pieces of your diecut!  Works like a charm!  And a package goes a long way!  Definitely worth the investment!

Thought I would share some photos from a rainy day at Longwood Gardens:


Aren't they gorgeous?  Even the rain couldn't dampen those colors!  And from our own front yard, under a pine tree, we found an old hornet's nest:


Not sure why it was made in three layers like this...we actually thought it was a mushroom growing in the yard, we've had so much rain!!!  Nature is so fun!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Colorful Seasons, Timeless Textures
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide, Soft Sky, Wood Textures DSP, Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Tranquil Tide, Soft Sky
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Framelits, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Nice CAS. The wasp nest looks like a hat to me :-) Is the rose on the right the Peace rose?

Dawn Tidd said...

That beachy white paper is perfect, LeAnne! The chair is not n the perfect spot and the linen thread was the way to ti it altogether! Those roses are gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

Serene and calm.....like a peaceful,day at the lake should be!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I'm looking forward to some warm days sitting in a chair like that! Love that hornet's nest too! So unique! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Your background paper is perfect with this chair LeAnne! This is wonderful CAS card. Pretty roses and what an unusual hornet's nest. Nature is a wonder isn't it!!

Wendy said...

SO pretty, LeAnne! Love the beachy feel to your card! That chair die is amazing! Beautiful roses!! That bee's nest sure is different! Never seen one shaped like that! TFS

Jen Mitchell said...

Love this LeAnne. I can see myself relaxing in that Adirondack chair!

Karren said...

This is just delightful, LeAnne! So peaceful and serene-looking!